new real player

dfghjkl 22:37 23 Jan 04

i dont know if you know that real player 10 is now out.i think it is smart loads of extras and still free,loads better than wmp now.i know that there are a few real player haters here but you can set it up to do what you do and dont want it to do.i have always been a fan but it is even better.dont be scared,go for it.peter.

Diodorus Siculus 08:37 24 Jan 04

Thanks for the info.

dfghjkl 16:09 24 Jan 04

dont be scared,it realy is better.

Diodorus Siculus 16:31 24 Jan 04

Possibly is better but "once bitten, twice shy" and all that!

Seriously though, I don't have need of it - I use real alternative for listening to the BBC; iTunes as my jukebox, and Audacity for recording from the BBC and other radio sites.

dfghjkl 21:39 24 Jan 04

could someone please tell me the problems with real player?i have always thought it was the best allround player.when i had a p1,166 and when i had my p2,350mhz,it would always produce media clips,video clips etc,faster and with clearer results,wmp would struggle compared to real.now i have a 2500+ amd it still has the edge on videos,it will never be perfect on 150k,but real is better every time.i also find it easy to use its cd copying,and its radio (new one pauses live radio)i have heard storys about it taking over your pc.i have not had any problems in controling it and i have it as my default player but windows still asks me what to use if i put in a cd or dvd.so what is the problem?i may have been lucky up to now,or maybe just ignorant.peter.

dfghjkl 23:53 24 Jan 04

you really dont like it at all,do you?

powerless 23:56 24 Jan 04

Well I do have it...Not the new one!

click here :-(

Chegs ® 01:34 25 Jan 04

"...but the company's relentless use of it to sell unrelated services and features has made this program little better than spyware in many users' eyes."

If you have it installed on your puter,and use PC Pitstop click here to "analyse" your pc,it states you have SPYWARE installed on your puter! I tried a version on my puter,and it took over where my downloads went,took to trying to run my games as well as upsetting my poor likle firewall prog so much it crashed,leaving my puter open to external attack(not to much for a hacker to be interested in as its a home pc with little of interest on it)

I still wanted to listen to a particular stream tho',so I had a quick look around the web for alternatives,and two that often get offered instead of RealPlayer/One is either JetAudio(but at 17Mbs,its not exactly suitable for a dialup user)click here or RealAlt(4Mbs)click here from here.

Stuartli 10:17 25 Jan 04

RealOne 10 is in beta form at the moment.

dfghjkl 18:02 25 Jan 04

excuse my ignorance but what does that mean Stuartli?

Valvegrid 18:25 25 Jan 04

It means you're the Guinea pig, they are testing it on you to see what bugs there are in the prog.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…