New RAM problem

Oscardog666 21:41 01 May 08

Hi all, just bought some new RAM for my daughters PC from Orcalogic, they advised on the correct RAM, it arrived today, followed all the instructions and wore the anti stat strap, removed old RAM added new and pc wont boot up just gives a continous beep sound, removed new ram and put old back in same problem, tried fitting both same problem. Help please before my daughter kills me she has V important IM's to send and shes now in a very bad teenage mood Thanks in advance

bobbybluenose 22:06 01 May 08

try this click here

Oscardog666 22:35 01 May 08

The link suggested a power failure, short, or displaced card, cant find any of these thanks for helping though

citadel 22:49 01 May 08

clear cmos on the motherboard. using clear cmos jumper. download your motherboard manual for instructions. go back to old memory that was working.

Oscardog666 23:09 01 May 08

Thanks citadel, but I dont know what the MB is, no paperwork either, their is a connecting strap with a serial number on it, could that be it and if so what does clearing the cmos do and how is it done when the PC is not working

Oscardog666 16:24 04 May 08

Hi all thanks for your help but a bigger thanks to the tech guy helpline at PC World of all places, told him the issue and apparently it was a static build up within the case. On the Packard Bell to clear it simply unplug everything press and hold in the start button for 20 to 25 seconds and hey presto static cleared, PC starts and runs. Excellent well done PC World

Oscardog666 16:24 04 May 08

woohooo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…