new ram

KERRO01 19:01 27 Sep 06

i am away to buy new ram for my pc. am thinking of getting 1 gig maybe 2. but i heard you cant just buy any ram. can anyone advise me or help me on what to get please?

Diodorus Siculus 19:18 27 Sep 06

click here and enter your details; it will find what you need and sell you top quality ram.

Diodorus Siculus 19:19 27 Sep 06

Or you can allow it to scan your system and come up with suggestions.

Totally-braindead 19:35 27 Sep 06

Ditto to that, they will give you all the info you need.

KERRO01 19:37 27 Sep 06

oh no. we have a problem then. as this is my parents pc i am on and i dont have internet at my house...

Diodorus Siculus 19:40 27 Sep 06

In that case, click here and download SIW - System Information for Windows - Software,Hardware,Network
Run it on parents PC and you will get the information.

KERRO01 19:44 27 Sep 06

ok thanx you guys. cheers

Totally-braindead 20:19 27 Sep 06

Further to the info SIW will give you, basically what you need to know to then buy memory from Crucial is what make and model your computer is, in the case of a brand one such as Emachines or Packard Bell or Dell it will tell you this on the case. Or if its not a branded name computer you need to know the make and model of the motherboard. SIW should give you this info then all you do is go to the Crucial website, tell it what make and model of computer you have or what make and model of motherboard you have and it will tell you what memory you can use and how much of it. Then you check what you already have in the computer, in the free slots department if you see what I mean, and then you can order the memory.

KERRO01 20:26 27 Sep 06

well i am just back from my house and i got the info i needed and the model number isn't on that website. but the pc i have is called an iqon and i got it from tescos about 5 month ago if that helps?

citadel 20:43 27 Sep 06

taking anti-static measures first, you could open the pc and have a look at the ram, it will have a sticker with the details of what it is. then buy retail boxed ram of the same kind.

Totally-braindead 21:01 27 Sep 06

You could try emailing them click here and ask what your PC has in the way of memory and what it will take.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…