New PSU or new mother board...any suggestions

Les 20:35 17 Dec 04

Suddenly my Mesh PC has died. I press the power ON button and it sterts to buzz and whirr as normal then just dies. The amount of buzzing and whirring varies from 2 seconds to about 8 seconds but it allways dies. I am thinking (total guess) a possible PSU fault though somebody has suggested mother board. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Any comments appreciated,

Les

Diodorus Siculus 20:40 17 Dec 04

Could be overheating and the system shuts down... check that the heatsink on the processor is firmly seated. Have you moved the machine around recently?

woodchip 20:48 17 Dec 04

I still think it's the PSU. If you have a spare try it

woodchip 20:51 17 Dec 04

Try this Remove all power plugs from Drives and all PCI cards except graphics start comp and see if it will let you get into BIOS to set to Defaults

woodchip 20:53 17 Dec 04

Turn power of at the Plug befor doing the above

Les 21:02 17 Dec 04

Wow...what a rapid response...many thanks guys I will have a play and see what happens...I am at work tonight, controlling my satellites, and for the next 3 nights so it may be a little while before I mange to get to it. I will also have to buy a power supply to try as well I think...many thanks for your help

Les

Les 08:37 22 Dec 04

Hey Guys..just to let you know...New PSU seems to have done the trick...many thanks for your help

Les

Les 08:37 22 Dec 04

Hey Guys..just to let you know...New PSU seems to have done the trick...many thanks for your help

Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…