New Programs installed balloon

Stroller 10:12 13 Aug 05

How to 'remove' that irritating but usefull new progs installed balloon, I know how to remove it permanantly, (Start menu, properties, customise, advanced), but I have installed software for an MP3 Player.

Some of the options that are with the S/W include re-install and formatting for the MP3 player. I want to get rid of the 'New progs installed' balloon for the MP3 gadget only, without using the programs.

TIA
Stroller

gudgulf 10:29 13 Aug 05

If I understand this correctly you don't want to completely shut off the "New Programs" notification but also don't want to run the Format or Reinstall functions that will remove your MP3 application from the New Programs list.

If so I don't think you actually need to run them......just open them and then cancel out of each in turn.I switched the new program balloon messages off ages ago but seem to recall that you only need to access the programs through the highlighted shortcuts in the "All Programs" list in order to stop the New Program status........you don't need to actually run the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…