new processors

chippy+ 12:42 15 Oct 06

hi i have 2 pc's which i would like to upgrade the processors the ist board is asrock /K7S41GX/K7S41 with a sempron 1200

the second is aK7 Triton GA-7VKMP with a duron 1300 both have socket A
I know they are older boards but they can take faster processors can nyone tell me what processors i can change to new or second hand thanks for your help Chippy

Totally-braindead 12:50 15 Oct 06

Asrock K7S41 click here
Triton GA-7VKMP click here

Jak_1 12:50 15 Oct 06

As far as I am aware it will have to be a sempron and duron respectively however run a google search for each mobo and that should be able to give you more info.

Totally-braindead 12:55 15 Oct 06

If you're not too knowledgeable about this sort of things two things to mention. Be sure you have identified the motherboards correctly there is for example a Gigabyte GA-7VKMP-P as well as the one you listed click here If you look on the boards its printed on it usually sometimes between some of the slots.
Secondly pay attention to the BIOS numbers required as some boards will need the BIOS flashed to allow you to use the newer faster processors.

chippy+ 17:54 15 Oct 06

hi Totally-braindead and Jak_1
thanks for the reply i have a little knowledge about computers having built the one with the gigabyte board it was when i asked a few pc shops about upgrade they just want you to buy a new one
and i would like to update the processors on both machines to the fastest they can take thanks again Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…