New Processor Upgrade

clayton 13:10 30 Jan 05

I've decided its time for a new processor, but what one ??? AMD64 or Intel Pentium 4 with DDR2 memory, are any of these socket types due to be replaced this year ? thanks for any advice you can give.

georgemac © 13:25 30 Jan 05

depends what you do

and best for gaming - intel best for video editing - well thats what it used to be

amd = lower cost

personally I am waiting before moving to amd 64 bit - but the winchester socket 939 looks the best at the moment.

clayton 13:49 30 Jan 05

Thanks for your reply georgemac, i too was thinking of amd64 processor but it doesnt support ddr2 memory, the reviews ive read say the current DDR memory has gone as far as it can.

JIM 13:50 30 Jan 05

I go along with georgemac © thinking and my preferred choice would be AMD 64bit.(Holding back)

So much more is happening in the PC market now and systems are manufactured/produced for differing type of uses and users.More so now than of old. What you personaly require from a system matters more these days it seems.

clayton 17:25 30 Jan 05

ok thanks guys just ordered myself a new socket 939 motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…