New Printer/Scanner/Copier

clarky44 11:58 12 Aug 06

My old HP Deskjet 940 is on its last legs. I am going to replace it and wanted to look at a mutifunction device. I print now and then in colour but mainly black and white. Its for home use only and I don't print huge quantities. A ream of paper lasts me about six to eight weeks. Don't really want to spend more than £250 and am wary of mega expensive replaceables as can no longer get these (legitimately) from my Co.

Any ideas would be really welcome.

ade.h 13:27 12 Aug 06

You don't actually need to spend more than £120. click here. I got this for neighbour in the spring and it has been superb. click here for a review.

ade.h 13:29 12 Aug 06

Oh, and it takes compatibles (you'll need to look for a BCI-6 fitting or equivalent). Just noticed your comment about the cost of consuables.

wee eddie 14:28 12 Aug 06

There's an article that will start your search.

Personally, I reckon that they are rather expensive as printers and I keep my Copier in a drawer until I need it.

Totally-braindead 16:28 12 Aug 06

I can't recommend a particular one but I can recommend one NOT to get. I bought the Epson DX3800 as soon as it came out, should have waited for the reviews I think. Anyway its ok but the print quality isn't even close to the quality of my aging Epson 680 printer. Its not fast but I don't print a great deal so it doesn't bother me its the quality of the printing thats disappointing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…