New printer for Xmas, USB problem.

The Teacher 21:15 25 Dec 03

I have been given a HP Photosmart 7260 printer for xmas. It is what I wanted but I was not aware that I would need to buy a USB cable, and as I didn't know for certain that I was getting the printer I obviously haven't got one!!

The problem is that I am unsure of whether or not it is an ordinary USB cable that I require, i.e. similar to the ones that I use for my modem, camera, etc., or is it a dedicated printer cable?

I have had a look on HPs website but, I assume it is because of Xmas, most of the site, support etc., is not functioning. I wish to go out tomorrow and buy and cable so that I can get my printer up and running but I don't want to rely on store staff help as I have found them sadly wanting in the knowledge department in the past.

Does anyone have such a printer or is anyone aware of what sort of USB cable I require.

Looking at the connection slots it appears to be an ordinary USB cable but I want to be 100% sure.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

The Teacher

leo49 21:17 25 Dec 03

Ordinary A to B USB cable is fine.

Dazwm 21:20 25 Dec 03

click here and scroll to the bottom, but I'm surprised it didn't come with the computer.

Djohn 21:26 25 Dec 03

As leo49 says, it's an ordinary USB cable, Most printers don't come with a cable as standard. Staples is a good bet for one tomorrow if you have one close by.

Dazwm 21:35 25 Dec 03

Sorry I mean't printer not computer!!

Rennaissance 21:48 25 Dec 03

if you have NTL broad band, use that usb cable, it worked fine with mine. :) and justused ethernet for bb.

Sheila-214876 21:56 25 Dec 03

Printers come with a power lead but they never come with the data cable. Never understood that. It's like buying a car without the starting handle, or for all the youngsters on this Forum, the battery. Have you noticed Christmas presents always come with a very small print "Battery's Not Included" which you don't see until you've opened it?

K9 22:11 25 Dec 03

But then again, you don't really get anything for nothing, it's included in the price, and if you're replacing a printer chances are you already have a suitable cable without having to pay for another

The Teacher 22:37 25 Dec 03

Ta all.

The link supplied gave the US HP site but I have a good idea of price just from that. I intended going to staples tomorrow anyway so ta for that info.

I will post up tomorrow if solved for sure.

The Teacher

leo49 23:49 25 Dec 03
  leo49 23:50 25 Dec 03

Wrong Page - Sorryeee....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…