new printer wanted - advice please

eysha 12:33 13 Aug 08

My old Canon i250 just gave up the ghost due to a dead battery so i need to buy a new printer. An Epson has been advised but the price of the ink cartridges are expensive and i have read somewhere that Epson is suing companies that make compatibles for their printers ensuring that you will soon be only able to buy their ink at top price so - being on a budget i need a printer that will give me good quality photos and text at a good price and i need to be able to buy compatible ink cartridges too, which reminds me to ask where is a good place to buy cheap ink cartraidges? I have only used Canon printers to date but happy to swop if the prices are right.
Thanks in advance for all and any help on this one.
R

Clapton is God 12:45 13 Aug 08

"My old Canon i250 just gave up the ghost due to a dead battery"

Uh? A battery powered printer?

Have a look at the Canon Pixma range

eysha 12:47 13 Aug 08

LOL, yes it reported a dead battery so a friend looked that up for me and yes it had a lithium batter that died - i was surprised too. thanks for the help i will go look.
E.

HenryVII 21:20 13 Aug 08

I had an Epson Stylus that had given years of good service. It finally died the death recently as I started a rather large and urgent print job. I had a rather quick look around and grabbed Canon Pixma iP4500, just to get the printing going again. I'm glad I bought it, now. I use it for text, photos and for printing on Printable DVDs. I have found nothing to complain about.

The ink tanks are not cheap, but they seem to last, and I've no complaints. I always get mine from click here, though, whose service has been prompt and reliable, whose "own brand" cartridges are good, and whose staff are very helpful.

kdt 21:32 13 Aug 08

epson has been good for me for the past 9 years.
last year's birthday present was Epson Stylus DX4050. You might also be able to pick up generic ink as well.

kdt 21:34 13 Aug 08

by the way the old one still works but I neatly put it away with the disc for emergencies and using DX4050

eysha 13:42 14 Aug 08

Thanks for the responses. Ink prices are a big consideration as i print a lot of stuff daily so i need a good affordable printer with compatable inks too.

jack 13:55 14 Aug 08

Then a machine the can handle Continuous ink supply systems has to be a consideration
The Epson R200/300 series machines for example
But take a look here and take in all about
These systems

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…