New Printer - ? Uninstall Old Printer

Border View 14:22 14 Sep 07

I had a Canon i450 which has been great, but recently gave up on me.

I had thought about a multi purpose to replace it, but in the end decided that my scanner is OK and have been and bought a Canon iP4300.

Question is do I need to uninstall the i450 before I install the iP4300. If I do, how do I do it.

Would welcome your advice.

Technotiger 14:28 14 Sep 07

No, it is not necessary to uninstall old printer.

Grantrh 14:28 14 Sep 07

No you don't need to uninstall your old printer just make sure after you have installed your new one that in start-control panel-printers and faxes that there is a black tick by your new printer icon indicating it is the default printer.
I happen to have the canon IP4300 too and I am massively impressed by it - its superb!

Technotiger 14:30 14 Sep 07

PS - I have five different printers installed on my PC, a couple of which I no longer have but which I might get again at some time in the future - if I don't, then I will simply delete them.

woodchip 14:32 14 Sep 07

Remove first from Add Remove in Control Panel, then go to Start\Settings\Printers if you see the printer right click it and remove it

TopCat® 15:03 14 Sep 07

Just bought two iP4300s from eBay, Barmoor. Factory refurbished items as good as new, with one year guarantees. £47 each! My daughter is delighted with hers while I await delivery of mine. ;o) TC.

Border View 15:46 14 Sep 07

Hello everyone - well that was painless. Slight difference in print head alignment to my old i450, but am well impressed with the speed.

Got mine at Argos - £10 cheaper than PC world next door. Off to read the manual (sad person).

Thank you all for your help and comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…