new printer required which one?

Boy Zone 16:30 28 Apr 08

Hi,
My 14 month old canon printer head has packed in, so I'm looking to buy a replacement. But which one do I go for.
I have £100 to spend, do I go for another canon or what.
It seems the ink in the cartridges is getting smaller, my old canon had 16ml now the new ones have only 6ml.
I dont print too many photos and also my scanner is old, so do I go for a combined scanner and printer or what?
ALso cost of cartridges is a consideration for me.
WHich is the cheapest printer/scanner to run?

toxin 16:46 28 Apr 08

Recently ditched my 7 year old Canon after being unable to reset the waste ink tank full fault, which I have done a couple of times before.
The fault has nothing to do with the waste tank condition as mine was barely soiled; it is built into the software.
I would never buy another Canon especially now that the cartridges are chipped to prevent the use of compatibles without a lot of fiddling.
I have gone for a Brother DCP-350C, Copier,Scanner,Printer,for less than £80, using four separate ink tanks CMYK. Carts are cheaper than Canon and choice stationery have compats even lower.
Photo reproduction is as good as,if not better than the Canon.
Goto Fixyourownprinter.com and note the number of threads for Brother problems compared with the big three manufacturers of printers.
Hope this helps.

IClaudio 16:53 28 Apr 08

I've had a Canon MP470 since Christmas (before that Epson, Canon and finally Lexmark), and it's been very good. Except that the cartridges (a Black and a Colour) didn't last very long and I had to renew them at the weekend. I'm not a very heavy user.

At my local 'Re-fill' shop, the Black was £16 and the colour an eye-watering £21 - 1 mile down the road at PC World, the prices were £14 and £15.

kdt 17:16 28 Apr 08

got epson dx4050 for my birthday. previous epson 10 years old still going strong but i wrapped it & put in the attic in case of emegency. meanwhile if that meets your needs no need to waste money can get it for £50 or so & can use generic ink from Aldi £ 3 or so otherwise original epson around £ 24 for 4 pack all colours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now