New Printer Required

@Home 13:08 09 May 04

I’m looking for a new printer and have been looking at the Epson C84.
I have seen on of these in action and found it very favourable. I am not that bothered about printing off Photo’s, but I liked the fact that it was quite.

Have you got any opinions on this printer?

But rather then just go out and buy this modal I thought you might be able to give me some alternatives, in the same price range?

Must have features:
Very good print quality
Quite operation
Inexpensive Cartridges

I did look at laser printers, but I would like to be able to print in colour and cannot afford a Colour laser printer.

So any suggestions?

Thanks

I have the Epson C84 Photo Edition and love it compared to my old Canon bubble jet. It's very quick and gives great results, ink is dirt cheap if you buy generic and it does excellent photo printing.

Would have to say that it is not quiet though! Pretty violent when in full flow, though you do get about 14ppm which for an ink jet is very impressive.

Highly reccomended with a good software package, though they do skimp and not provided a USB cable.

Hope that helps

@Home 13:25 09 May 04

Thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone else care to comment?

Thanks

pj123 13:31 09 May 04

C84 good choice. I have a C64. Get your ink from Choice Stationery one of each cartridge £17.95. Choice is at click here

Never did understand why all printers are sold without the connecting lead only a mains power lead. Can't cost that much more can it? It's like buying a toy and opening it on Christmas day only to find there are no batteries. So, when you buy a printer make sure you also buy the lead.

Pesala 13:49 09 May 04

When the printer breaks down and you have to replace it, you don't have to chuck out a perfectly good lead. Since a lead costs £5 and a new printer can cost as little as £30 it makes a lot of sense.

I would recommend the better quality Jettec compatibles.

pj123 15:36 09 May 04

Pesala. Can you give us a link to jettec? I have just checked thier website but there are no prices, so how do we compare?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…