new printer and ME

gingepaul 17:58 17 Jan 04

hi all, a friend of mine had just bought a new printer,but its not installing properly.

she has connected with parralel cable and has the driver disc, all seems well untill the set up needs to scan for the printer, at which point it just keeps on searching. cant find it.
i suggested to her to get a usb card [usb 2] as she has no onboard ports, but will it be compatable with ME? never used it u see, was warned off, lol.

the printer is an epson c64.

Jester2K 18:02 17 Jan 04

I would download the latest drivers from Epson (click here) and use those. Always works for me with Lexmarks and Epsons...

Mango Grummit 18:37 17 Jan 04

Jester2K is right ---- I use Me with a C64.

gingepaul 18:47 17 Jan 04

nice one fellas, ill try ir tomorrow, if it dont work i'll get the usb card, is that how u connect?

AndyJ 19:34 17 Jan 04

I would also check that you have a bi-directional parallel cable and that the BIOS is set to EPP.

Did you follow the book, particularly on whether to install the software before connecting printer, or after?

DieSse 20:23 17 Jan 04

Epson usually recommend ECP for the parallel port setting - as do HP.

Mango Grummit 14:09 13 Mar 04

nice one fellas, ill try ir tomorrow (sic)

How'd it go?

gingepaul 15:49 13 Mar 04

the cable im using was fine for the older printer, so should be ok? but i didnt know about that setting in the bios, cheers mate. i'll have a look when i go round next.

gingepaul 17:29 16 Mar 04

i'm going round to have another look tommorrow, just wanted to get a few things straight.
is there a way of telling if the parralell cable is bi directonal? (only really used usb).
and where in the bios will epp setting be, or what will be the alternative settings so i can look?

book was followed, but i'm suspecting now its either the bios setting, or cable, mainly because the old printer was OLD, and same with the cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…