New printer for elderly photographer

Diemmess 18:31 PM 22 May 11

An old friend new to computers 8 years ago, but a serious hobby photographer for most of his 89 years, was coaxed by his camera club members into an A3 Epson 1290 printer right at the beginning of his venture.

His 8 years old printer has died and he needs a replacement. He admits that he doesn't need an A3 printer, nor has he any use for an all-in-one. To his credit he has managed to use Photoshop to make presentation talks with sound and old transparencies

I still use an 870 of much the same age as his 1290, but my uses are very different from his, I keep mine for family and occasional record use, otherwise a mono laser is my printer If I know this man's interests, he is familiar with an inkjet, appreciates fuss free and good quality, but needs neither gizmos nor a large size of printer. He is well aware that if he wants a jumbo size print he can use the internet for a suitable printer.

Which printer is your recommendation for this man who is now almost housebound?

woodchip 19:12 PM 22 May 11

And Epson for Photos still take some beating. but all in ones are very cheap as are wireless they all seem to be doing it

spuds 21:00 PM 22 May 11

Epson seem to have all the facilities for photos, and their all-in-one prices are not much different compared to the basic models. If you go the Epson route, then try the Epson on-line shop, because they do seem to have a number of occasional special offers, otherwise try Amazon.

Brother is not a bad printer, and if your are lucky, they may still have their 1 year warranty, increased to 3 years for free, if the printer is registered on-line within 30 days of purchase!.

I use both printers, for all purposes.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…