New printer??

jim63 12:21 04 Nov 08

I need to get a new printer. Any views on these.
Epson Stylus SX105 All-in-one and the Epson Stylus Office BX300F All-in-one

PH_KonicaMinolta 13:52 04 Nov 08

A fistful of questions...

Are these for personal, light business or regular/frequent business use?
Customer facing or just for your eyes only?
Need to keep the image fade-free for a long time?

The only reason I ask...try looking at one of my toys...the Konica Minolta C10. Theres an MFP version so will print, copy, scan and fax, Colour laser, etc. Let me know if you like it then I can get a price sorted and give you an idea of running costs (pence per page on toners etc)

Audio~~Chip 14:17 04 Nov 08

and number of carts in these. What is your main use is it a general offics printer all in one or for photo quality

Epson are ok though can be a little loud, well they use to be and some are slow to print but I am talking about mine which is a CX6600 and arround 6 years old. They last ages though if looked after.

jim63 17:16 04 Nov 08

Its only for home use. Want one with 4 carts and inkjet.Not too expensive.

toxin 22:03 04 Nov 08

Take a look at the Brother range of DCPs.
I have the DCP 350C bought for about £80, has four carts without any proprietory chips (so compats can be used without difficulty), and prints as good a photo as my old Canon BJC8200 ever did, and which I paid £250 for many years ago.

Just check on the printer forums and see how many complaints there are for Brother compared with the other four market leaders!

To save ink and to keep the nozzles clear mine is left on in standby mode, and it self cleans just once every 2-3 days. If switched off it goes through the cleaning cycle every time you start-up.

jim63 09:11 05 Nov 08

Thanks.What about this one:EPSON Stylus Office BX300F - All-in-one printer. £49.99 at Currys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced