New power supply did not solve the problem.

alltime 17:38 12 Jun 04

Hi guys
Spoke on the forum about a problem that the computer intermittently cuts out to a black screen and then reboots. fitted a new antec 330w ps still no better Any ideas. (What Next)

roy 17:53 12 Jun 04

Hi,

Don't know the answer but I have had the same problem four times recently. Mine closes down with quite a bang or crack and then reboots. Last time it did it twice in quick succession and as the case was quite hot on the top I put it down to overheating and moved my case away from the desk. I also thought it might be the psu as I didn't think the cpu was too hot.

mosfet 18:07 12 Jun 04

I fitted a psu last week for the same reason.Turned out to be cpu faulty.Sorry to cheer you up.....Les

Gaz 25 18:18 12 Jun 04

Check the plug, this caused a problem for me. Yes the plug, on the end of the cable.

alltime 22:13 12 Jun 04

Im not very chered Up new Cpu Hey!!!! new computer i recon !!!! Motherboard !!!!
Thanks guys
alltime

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…