New to Pc..Idiot proof help required.

bbt 14:25 07 Jan 03
  bbt 14:25 07 Jan 03

santa delived this pc via time store. he also brought two games sims working great age of mythology not so great. each time i try to play inisiation fails or so the message keeps telling me. As a complete novice i contacted microsoft they say its a problem with my graphic card driver. this is all double dutch to me time have been as useful as chocolate teapot. is ther anybody that can help or point me in right direction. info i know about my pc: time monster machine, AMD athlon 2200+, 512 mb. running window xp home, video card s3 graphic prosavageDDR compaq (driver s3gnbm.sys dated 15 march 2002.) Idiot proof help needed urgently

AndySD 14:36 07 Jan 03

click here and the graphics drivers can be downloaded from click here

AndySD 14:39 07 Jan 03

But I suspect the onboard graphics on the PC may not be up to playing age of mythology.

Sir Radfordin™ 14:43 07 Jan 03

Duplicate thread found if you click here

bbt 15:14 07 Jan 03

have downloaded that driver already.thanks still not working how will i know if the graphic card on the motherboard(whatever that is) is upto it or not. please remember i am wearing L plates on this machine

bbt 15:19 07 Jan 03

time have been no use at all. they now suggest i should have bought a backup disc for£50.00 at time of purchace. nobody told me not sure what good that will do anyway. only other help they could give me was to go to their tech help.£1.00 per minute. already feel it was big mistake buying from them trying not to give them any more hard earned cash. dont know where to go from here any suggestions appriciated.

AndySD 15:31 07 Jan 03

Ok try Going Start then Control Panel then Add/ Remove Programs look down the list and then click on Age of Mythology and click Remove... after its finished restart the PC.

Noe put the game in the cd player agaig and Reinstall it if it asks wether to install Direct X say yes. When finished try the game again.

AndySD 15:35 07 Jan 03
  bbt 15:44 07 Jan 03

have tried that. have also tested the direct x player somewhere on the machine i found a test (dont know where i was) it said 2d and 3d working ok direct x 7 installed

AndySD 15:48 07 Jan 03

Direct x 7 ??? it should be 8.1b

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…