New PC,I want to install Acronis backup of last PC

FatboySlim71 09:16 04 Jan 08

A friend of mine is thinking of purchasing a new PC. He has used Acronis True Image 10 to do a Full Backup of his PC (this includes Windows, and all his programs, basically EVERYTHING)

The question is:

Rather than having to install all his programs and then having to set them up to his preferences etc etc, would it be possible to use the Full Backup image that he took of his last PC and install/restore it on to his new PC, if he could it would save him a lot of time through not having to install everything because it would only take approximately an hour to restore the Full Backup image on to his new PC. Or would there be legal implications that would stop him from doing the above?

anskyber 09:20 04 Jan 08

The main problem is the back up is for the old pc and it's specific hardware, you could not use it for different hardware.

FatboySlim71 09:37 04 Jan 08

That's right, I had never thought of that, cause it would be very unlikely that the new PC would have the exact same hardware, drivers etc as the old PC. Thanks anyway anskyber, I suppose he will have to go through the task of installing all his programs one by one on to his new PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…