A new pc......do I need to copy recovery disk now?

steve_tipton 20:24 14 Jun 05

Hi. Quick question -

I have a new computer (Compaq Presario) running XP home Edition - This computer came without a recovery disk, so do I need to make a copy of the recovery disk from the hardrive (using the preinstalled software) straight away.

Thanks.

Pooke 20:27 14 Jun 05

if the grass is green and the sky is blue!

If you have time to create a backup now then do it.

Otherwise you'll be stuck if something happens.

Pooke

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:43 14 Jun 05

Good idea.

If you make one you'll never need it.

If you don't then of course you will have wished you did.

Please remember where you put it as well, so many peopl post here with "MY PC has has crashed and I've lost my recovery disc"

:0)

woodchip 20:43 14 Jun 05

You should make a Image of your C:\Drive as first thing while the Computer is Working OK and free of all Rubbish. Use something like Acronis True Image etc. Also create disc backups of all Partitions

steve_tipton 20:55 14 Jun 05

cheers guys. I'll make a copy of the recovery disk tomorrow on dvd - after finding out it'll take 7 cd's to copy it!

As for creating disk backups of all partitions - what do you mean by partitions? how simple is this to do?

Excuse my stupidness!

woodchip 21:09 14 Jun 05

If you have rivers on another partition then you need to copy these also, or any software that may be on other Partition just the same. to see partitions if any Press the Windows Key+E and it will shoe like

C:
D:\ etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…