new pc won't boot

styven 16:05 24 Jul 05

have tried to set up a friends new fujitsu pc, on boot up it seems to search for a mac address then says no operating system found!!!!

the words dhcp and client are in the text on screen.

i have tried to use the xp recovery disc, but it gets so far and says no hard drive!!!!

when i first connected it up before switch on, i connected it up to a router for it's internet connection, should this have made a difference?

i have tried boot up without internet connection, same results, the bios seems to list the hard drive and an alternate drive.

Forum Editor 16:16 24 Jul 05

I wouldn't advise you to do anything - get your friewnd to call the supplier's customer service department as soon as possible.

It wasn't the best decision to connect to a router before starting up a new computer with a new WindowsXP installation.

styven 16:28 24 Jul 05

that is what they are going to do, i am interested to find out what the issue is, i have built my own pcs and connected them up this way on a fresh xp install no problem, my internet is connected up via a router, could it be because this was a preintalled xp pc, it seemed to think it was a client.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…