New PC with Windows7?

GrannyA 15:23 21 Mar 14

I am buying a new PC but can find only Windows8 which I absolutely do not want. I'm only just getting to grips with Windows on notebook and don't want to change. Also have read a lot of negative reviews of Windows8 Can anyone tell me what I can do? Thank you

GrannyA 16:36 21 Mar 14

Thanks you MechKB. I've looked at these now, but think I would really like something bigger so would perhaps be faster? I cannot deal with slowness anymore. Present one has been sending me mad since I got the little netbook - but much prefer to sit at desk and view big screen. ( not on a Smart Tv though! Which has been suggested by family!)

john bunyan 18:22 21 Mar 14

As before, look at Novo tech:

Novotech

mart7 18:24 21 Mar 14

Is that £500 budget including a monitor?

GrannyA 22:41 02 Apr 14

Hi MechKB What do you think about the ASUS Eee Box EB 1007P? This has been recommended but I'm wary of it not having the 500 you suggested. I love the size and design and the price is good - but only if fit for my purpose. I like the HP Pavilion 500-242 but PC world locally would only put Windows 7 on it if I paid £128 more ( despite their sales office on telephone saying that it would be part of package if that's what I wanted.

lotvic 21:48 03 Apr 14

Yes I agree with MechKB, Chillblast has an excellent reputation for quality and service and has a standard 5 Year Warranty with 2 Years Collect and Return.

GrannyA 18:16 04 Apr 14

Thank you both for your observations. I liked the idea of something physically small as we will be 'downsizing' later in the year and wont have as much room. However I do want speed and memory. I'm truly tired of looking at present! Just hope that my XP doesn't let me down completely for another couple of weeks. Thank you for all the advice which I really will take on board before purchasing.(PC World was awful!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…