new pc question

TRYER 11:02 08 Jan 03
  TRYER 11:02 08 Jan 03

Hi again,my new pc is still in the box.I just can't bring my self to set it all up yet because i don't know how to get my address book and all my internet details onto the new pc,also other thing's such as will i have to re-register with this forum site ect ect.i just don't know what to do.Any body help?, talking to bt anytime is like trying to dig a hole in water.

TRYER 11:07 08 Jan 03

forgot to say'the op system i'm using on this pc is win me, the op system on my new pc is win xp.

Djohn 11:12 08 Jan 03

TRYER, you won't need to re-register as your details will remain the same. One way of transferring your address book would be to copy onto floppy or CD, and then install on new PC. There are other ways, but this is probably the least complicated if not the quickest way. Regards, J.

Billybucket 11:20 08 Jan 03

Please can anyone help me on how to clear my clipboard as i have used it and do not know how to clear it of copy and paste Billy Bucket

TRYER 11:21 08 Jan 03

Than's J,that is a help.

TRYER 11:23 08 Jan 03

billybucket, i think if you re-start your mc,this will clear your clipboard.

Djohn 11:24 08 Jan 03

TRYER, Your welcome.

Billybucket, go to start/programs/accessories/clipboard, click on edit and choose delete.

TRYER 11:24 08 Jan 03

MAN, I LOVE THIS FORUM

Djohn 11:35 08 Jan 03

TRYER, you are also correct, a re-boot does clear the clipboard. Another way is if you have just copied a large file and it's sitting on your clipboard using resources, then just type any letter off the keyboard, (Any key will do) and that will remove the large file and leave just the one small character on the clipboard.

TRYER 11:52 08 Jan 03

OK J,NICE TO KNOW I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE CLIP BOARD,EVEN I CAN HELP OTHER PEOPLE. CHEERS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…