New PC problem (blown fuse i think)

one mega bite 11:03 21 Jun 07

Hello, i have recently taken delivery of a new PC and when i took it out the box i think i flicked the switch by the power input from 250 to 125 (or 115 cant remember which). Needless to say the computer didnt work.

Do you chaps think that this will be a serious probelm or simply a case of changing the fuse in the computer?

MAny thanks.

Mike

johnnyrocker 11:13 21 Jun 07

i doubt it will be as simple as that, i would think you may need a new power supply at best.

johnny.

spuds 11:16 21 Jun 07

Might be a good idea to give details of the actual computer name and model, then someone may have an idea if a fuse or safety protection device is fitted (excluding 3 pin plug!).

Another point when setting up a computer, the golden rule is to 'make sure' and not just 'think' before powering up. Did you recheck to see if the voltage was set at 250v before and after the event?.

one mega bite 11:19 21 Jun 07

i checked it when it wasnt powering up. I then moved it to 250 and nothing happened again.

The Belarussian Mafia 11:30 21 Jun 07

Are you absolutely sure it didn't come out of the box with the switch in the wrong place? (If not, its obviously not your fault.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5