new pc problem

Hrosir 09:37 15 Aug 08

I have a new pc, self assembled, which has an annoying problem. The BIOS reports all well at start up informing me of the drives and memory etc and the reasuring single beep at start up; however when I try to load the operating system I get the installing files bar ( VISTA ) at the the bottom of the screen then at the end it simply hangs and will not progress to the next stage. The drive is a sata which I formatted from another pc using the tools menu so I am assuming that this will cleanse the drive of previous files. As yet I have been unable to get ang windows disks to even enable me to format the drive. I had thought that it may be the bios and return the board as faulty, suggestions or comments please, Thanks

scotty 10:54 15 Aug 08

One of the easiest ways of installing an operating system is to use a modern Linux distribution. You may or may not wish to continue with Linux but it is a quick and simple option for installing an OS to see if your hardware is OK. Linux has the necessary tools to allow you to format & partition the harddrive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…