New PC or upgrade.

Weekender99 16:29 08 Mar 08

My PC is AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.09Ghz 1g RAM NVIDIA Geforce2
I've just loaded Pro Evo 6 and it is very slow to react.
Do I need a new PC or would the problem be solved if I could upgrade the graphics card?
Thanks.

citadel 16:45 08 Mar 08

gf2 is ancient for a graphics card, you could upgrade the card if the motherboard has a slot for a card. if you have onboard graphics and no slot or have a laptop you can not upgrade.

mrwoowoo 16:53 08 Mar 08

You only need a cheap agp card (around £30.00) to run this game smoothly with the rest of your specs.
Minimum requirements are NVIDIA GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 video card, 256mb ram,800mhz cpu.
click here
click here

sunny staines 17:06 08 Mar 08

aldi of got a good one [medion] on sale from 13/3 price not known but spec on poster on shop window looked good.

do not know if medion are reliable or not only going by spec.

Weekender99 18:50 08 Mar 08

Thanks for the suggestions - will have a look...

Armchair 19:13 08 Mar 08

Weekender. Get one of these (you do have an AGP slot on that motherboard, right?):-

click here

That'll give you a massive upgrade as far as gaming goes. Doesn't need a great power supply either. That PC will never be up to running Crysis etc., but with that £50 card, you could have a useful gaming PC that'll play MOST games out atm. If you want advice about individual games, just ask.

Totally-braindead 19:24 08 Mar 08

Its a good price for a 7600GT Armchair, no arguement there and a very good boost from what he has already but Weekender99 do check your power supply rating before purchase as it needs a minimum 350 watts power supply.
Easy enough to check open the case and look at the power supply there will be label on it with rating in watts.

GaT7 01:52 09 Mar 08

If you're on a budget, get an AGP 6600GT off eBay - a search click here. I wouldn't pay more that £20 & £25 for the 128Mb & 256Mb versions respectively. Check your PSU as T-b suggests - 350W min required for this too I think. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple