NEW PC OPTIONS

momurda 09:01 03 Sep 06

OK I HAVE A 2.8 P4HT, 1GB XMSCORSAIR MEMOMRY, IDE SEAGATE 300GN HD, AND A X800XL AGP GFX CARD. AND IMMA GAMER AND MY PC IS NOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME AND IM GETTIN BLUE SCREESN OF DEATH, ONE IS A 0X0000007A AND ONE IS A 0X0000008E OR 8B AND I DONT NOE IF IT IS MY NEW 350 PSU OR MY MEMORY! IS THE PSU NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE SYSTEM? WELL I WAS THINKIN OF GOIN AMD AND I WANNA KEEP MY MEMORY BUT IDK IF IT IS GOOD, AND I WANNA KEEP MY VID CARD(JUST BOUGHT IT) SHOULD I BUY A 754 3400 64 WITH A FREE MOBO FOR 100 BUCKS AND BUY A NEW CASE AND POWER SUPPLY, OR SHOULD I BUY A 4000 64 WITH AN AGP MOBO, OR INTERGRADED AND THEN SELL THE X800XL AND BUY A NEW GFX AFTER? THE 4000 IS A 939 AND FOR 135 AND THE MOBOS R A 55 OR A 65 WITH AGP AND A PCI E SLOT. WHICH OPTION SHOULD I GO FOR? SORRY ABOUT CAPS ITS STUCK

Gongoozler 10:12 03 Sep 06

350 watts is very low for a high performance computer. Calculate your power usage here click here, and if you're buying a new PSU, add a generous safety margin to whatever the calculator tells you.

STREETWORK 10:17 03 Sep 06

This does sound like a hardware problem. Check inside your case for any loose cables, reseat the memory and graphic card.

Have you overclocked anything?

johnnyrocker 11:50 03 Sep 06

capitals make reading difficult

johnny.

Gongoozler 15:46 03 Sep 06

This is what Microsoft have to say about the 0X0000007A error message click here. The other 8E error make me think there could be a memory problem. If your memory is in more than one stick, try with one removed. The 8B error refers to a MBR problem click here. In all, there is no conclusive diagnosis that I can make.

Have you tried reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows. This could be easier than trying to diagnose such a mixture of errors.

momurda 22:31 03 Sep 06

ok mine got almost 300 watts so should i get a 400 or 450 wat psu? and i oc my cpu to 3gh and my ram to like 436 or something, annd i just bough the 300gb hard drive.thanks for everything i will check myt cables when i get off work, and i ahve un ocerclocked my pc bak to 2.8. and i used the new ide cable that came with the hd and it looks differnt than the one that came wiht my mother board

Gongoozler 09:30 04 Sep 06

I think overclocking is the key to your problems. The components are designed to work reliably at their specified speed, and although overclocking can be done and delivers a speed increase it comes with a risk. The components will run hotter and errors are much more likely. I don't think increasing the processor speed from 2.8G to 3G will give enough of an improvement in the overall speed of your computer to justify the risks of permanent damage and instability.
IDE cables come in 3 varieties that I know of. There is the old 40 way version, the newer 80way that came in with ATA66, and the round cable version of the 80way cable that is much better for case air circulation.

momurda 18:55 04 Sep 06

YA I NOE, I WAS JUST TRYIN IT IMMA GO TO 3.4 OR 3.2, I THINK IMMA GET A NEW MOBO THAT HAS BETTER OVERCLOCKING. OR SHOULD I BUY A 34OO 64 754 WITH A FREE MOTHERBOARD FOR 100 DOLLARS?

Jackcoms 19:01 04 Sep 06

You've already been told about the unnecessary use of capitals in johnyrocker's post of 11:50 yesterday.

There is absolutely no need to shout at us.

Gongoozler 19:08 04 Sep 06

momurda, if you want maximum speed, it's best to get the fastest you can afford. Overclocking is for enthusiasts who want to experiment and are prepared to accept the risks associated with it.

momurda 20:44 04 Sep 06

ok sorry one of my computers keyboards have a broken caps lock botton. ok yes i noe the risks. but do u think that deal of the 3400 is good enough to put me over until vista and new otperons and all that good stuff come out. i already got a new 300gb hd, newx800xl and 1 gig of ram i just want to buy something that will put me over until better stuff comes. so u think that might be a good idea or go with a amd 64 atholon 4000? i just dont want my intel for 6 more months, and im on a budget.(uh i cant wait till ps3 comes out!!!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…