new pc not working

casper69 22:17 11 Apr 06

ive just built a new pc and everything seems to run fine but the monitor is not coming on its connected has power to it and is switched on but it just stays in stand by mode any ideas?
my pc
is mobo asrock sata 2
amd athlon 3000+ socket 939
sata 2 300gb hard drive

Magic Hobo 22:39 11 Apr 06

Maybe it's the graphics card? It could have been damaged by ESD or it could have been faulty when ou bought it?

wky 22:40 11 Apr 06

yeah, are there any beeps? Try removing a stick of ram to hear for beeps. It could be either of the ram's fault. If not, then it might be the graphics card, see if it's seated properly etc.

casper69 23:02 11 Apr 06

cheers i think it may be the graphics card. do you think i should take it to pc worlds pc clinic to get them to get it running?

terryf 23:08 11 Apr 06

Ask them how much, you might find that it is cheaper to buy new because I would be surprised if they can repair it, do a Google search to find price

casper69 23:08 11 Apr 06

ive tried an old graphics card which didnt work either but when placed back in my old pc it works fine

007al 23:21 11 Apr 06

Does the motherboard have onboard graphics?

casper69 23:28 11 Apr 06

it doesent seem to as it has no monitor port

woodchip 23:30 11 Apr 06

Question above are there any beeps? did you connect the front PC case speaker

casper69 23:32 11 Apr 06

the speaker that csme with the pc doesent work as i conneted it both ways and i cant hear and beeps( motherboard is asrock 939dual-sata2)

woodchip 23:36 11 Apr 06

I doubt its the spaker not working, Your best bet is remove all hardware from the setup and just have one stick Ram, Graphics card and no Drives connected and try to boot the computer see if it will go to BIOS setup screen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…