New PC - help required

tyke151 21:28 21 Jan 10

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice as a beginner. I have around 500 pounds to spend on a new desktop which will be used for internet, email, photos, music downloads and the odd game, mainly FM 2010. I'm not sure what spec would be most suited, and what I could get for the price. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I was looking at a MESH but they don't seem to have a great reputation.

Thanks in anticipation!

OTT_B 22:10 21 Jan 10

Try click here

Doesn't include monitor.

CCl is good and have never had a problem with them buying components.

GaT7 22:18 21 Jan 10

Does your budget include a monitor as well? Or, is it for a base unit only?

If it's for a base unit only, consider this click here / click here for £388-400 (latter has 500Gb more hard disk space), with a separate graphics card - a £50 HD4670 click here perhaps, saving you £50-60.

Good spot OTT_B. That looks similar to a PC another member was going to buy, but which cost £230 extra with a dedicated soundcard & 19" monitor! G

tyke151 13:00 23 Jan 10

thanks for your replies. budget is including monitor. i'll check out your recommendations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…