New PC has no O/S

ivesy 19:09 06 Aug 09

I've bought the ebuyer PC that has been doing the rounds on HotUK deals etc. (Extra Value Desktop PC, Intel Dual Core E5300, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD).

I think it's a great buy but it doesn't come with an O/S. I've downloaded Windows 7 to see how that works on it. Would I be right in thinking it's just a matter of getting into the BIOS and getting the PC to boot from the DVD drive with the Windows 7 disk in then installing from there on?

Or am I being very naive and it's going to be a nightmare to install! Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

GaT7 19:16 06 Aug 09

"Would I be right in thinking it's just a matter of getting into the BIOS and getting the PC to boot from the DVD drive with the Windows 7 disk in then installing from there on?" - yes, that's right.

"Or am I being very naive and it's going to be a nightmare to install!" - should be fairly straightforward. Any problems, just post.

If thinking of going down the Win7 route, don't miss the Win7 pre-order deadline of 15/08/09. G

ivesy 19:18 06 Aug 09

Cheers. The PC is due tomorrow so I'm hoping everything goes ok and then I'll order Win7 before the deadline

DieSse 20:17 06 Aug 09

Or try Linux Mint.

A permanently free download, that includes a full range of applications too - such as OpenOffice, DVD playing, Disk Burning, Photo Manipulation, etc etc.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…