New PC Build randomly locks up - Help/Advice?

matt1697 14:58 22 May 15

This may take a while.

We purchased this build a couple months ago:

• AsRock X99 WS

• Intel Xeon E5-1650 V3

• 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-17000 (2133)

• 4GB PNY GTX 970

• 256GB Crucial MX100

• 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001 Barracuda 7200

• 650W EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

• NZXT Source 530 Full Tower

• Corsair H80i Hydro Series Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

The problem we've had since the start, is the PC would just randomly lock up after a few minutes use. Sometimes it would last a while before crashing, however. No error messages, no BSOD, just locks up and requires a forced shutdown/restart.

Things we've tried to resolve this:

• Windows 7 instead of 8.

• Replaced the Motherboard and RAM.

• Tried a different Graphics Card.

• Installed Windows onto the bigger HDD (intended for storage) to see if it was an SSD issue.

• Tried using just 1 module of RAM.

The CPU is in the process of being replaced, we should that in a few days. PSU will probably be next, although we have others here we could test with.

I've built a few computers over the years and have never come across problems to anywhere near this level. It's been very frustrating.

If anybody has any ideas of things we could try, or any kind of experience with this matter, we'd really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Jollyjohn 15:48 22 May 15

In my experience, random lock ups with nothing listed in evnt viewer, is a result of over heating. Can you run this click here to see what temperatures are?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…