new pc build problem

pc mad 21:04 21 Dec 05

hi, i have just built a pc, but it wont boot up, when i turn it on the cooling fans just rotate, no beeps, nothing on the monitor,ive tried different memory sticks, even disconnected all the drives ,still nothing, in the manuel it states that the mobo supports a 4x and an 8x graphic card but not a 2x, now im not sure what the graphic card is that im usuing but i do know that it works in another pc, do you think the graphic card could be the problem, thanks

Totally-braindead 21:08 21 Dec 05

When you say it doesn't boot up do you mean nothing displays on the monitor? and if you have the hard drive connected and the light connected does it start up?

pc mad 21:14 21 Dec 05

no the monitor is blank, with the hard drive connected its just the same no hard drive light or power light

Totally-braindead 21:27 21 Dec 05

I don't suppose you have another graphics card lying about you could try do you? Normally if the PC doesn't display anything at all its the graphics card not being connected properly but if the hard drives not firing up either it may be that something is wrong with the power supply.

PA28 22:04 21 Dec 05

A brief spec of the components and processor you've used would be useful here.

pc mad 22:10 21 Dec 05

its a gigabyte 81nxp titan series mb with an intel pentium 4 2.4 ghz cpu,maxtor hd, the green power light on the case does come on but the light on the monitor stays orange

woodchip 22:15 21 Dec 05

Is the computer case speaker connected, if so does it give out one beep when you try to boot?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 21 Dec 05

1. Check you have all the power plugs connected correctly to the motherboard.

The CPU requires a 4 pin plug to power it easily missed when connecting up.

2. No HDD leds means no feed from motherboard / cpu (as above) or no power from PSU

3. No feed to monitor orange light is either no output (as 1 above) or grapjics card not seated or faulty.

Pillo 22:31 21 Dec 05

Just a thought, but have you checked that the Clear CMOS link is in the correct position?? Some boards ship with it in the "Clear" position.

pc mad 22:31 21 Dec 05

i get no beeps what so ever when i boot, all the connections seem ok, graphics card seated ok, i know its not faulty as it works in another mb ok,

woodchip 22:33 21 Dec 05

heck for the Clear CMOS jumper as above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…