New pc build need advice

Jebiah 21:19 29 Oct 10

Hi im looking to build my own pc as ive been wanting to do it for a long time now, just gonna list what ive got so far as im no expert at this at all and i hear you lot are!

Budget: £250 MAX

Uses: The main uses of the pc will be for playing MMORPG's (WoW and other similar)

Current pc: Is a crappy laptop that ive been playing wow on (just) obviously wont be using any parts from it :)

Moniter resolution: I think 1920x1360? it'll be my 32" tv as a monitor anyway

Overclocking: I wont be overclocking, well not to start with anyway as this is my first build dont want to overkill it!

Storage space: Wont be storing much except games and movies, 500gb is more than enough.

Special requirements: N/A

So thats my info, Its worth noting aswell that i dont need an OS as i have windows 7 ultimate ready to be installed on my new system :rock:

Here is the list ive compiled so far let me know what you think

AMD CPU AM3 Athlon II X2 250 Dual core

Corsair PSU 430W 430CX

Asrock motherboard M3A785GM-LE/128M AMD AM3 DDR3

Kingston Memory ValueRam 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM

Seagate 500GB hard disk drive Barracuda SATA II 300 7200rpm 16MB cache oem

Samsung 22X DVD-RW SH-S222A/BEBE IDE black

CiT 1002 Black Screwless Gaming Case w/ Silver Side Vents (No PSU)

Oh its also worth me saying i will be getting a graphics card but not untill next month :) im going to make do with the onboard graphics for now

If you need any more info just let me know i look forward to your suggestions, be kind :D

gengiscant 08:04 30 Oct 10

Specs for WOW
Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+.
1 GB or more of RAM.
NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better.
25.0 GB available HD space.
4X DVD-ROM drive.

As far as I can see for a first build budget PC components are compatible, though a little more information on your RAM choice would be helpful.

Is you look on this page, click here you will see in the left hand corner, CPU support list and memory QVL, these are lists that the motherboard has been tested using the listed CPU and RAM, your CPU is listed but I am not sure of your ram choice as you haven't given enough info.
RAM compatibility can be a problem, my latest build has given me a lot of problems but I also had a faulty mobo, which made things more difficult.
So check your RAM. If it is not listed that does not mean it isn't compatible with your board, but it is worth thinking about.

I am having a look at the graphics aspect and will post back later.

Gongoozler 08:21 30 Oct 10

For your first build, I suggest that you look at Novatech motherboard bundles click here. They come with processor and memory fitted, they are tested and cost very little more than the individual parts. I have used a few in upgrading friends computers and not had problems with any of them.

gengiscant 08:26 30 Oct 10

An excellent suggestion,a far better way to do things,particularly on a small budget. Should of thought of it myself.DOH.

gengiscant 10:51 30 Oct 10

By the way,your games,so I am lead to believe will look really rubbish because of the poor screen resolution the TV has as compared to a 30" monitor, 1920x1080 (TV) V's 2560x1600 (mon).

Jebiah 11:03 30 Oct 10

Just looking at the motherboard bundles now :) thanks for all the advice so far, Yeah i guessed they wouldnt look the greatest on the tv, but i can't afford a monitor this month i will get one though :)

Jebiah 11:07 30 Oct 10

Novatech have got some barebones bundles, whats your opinion on these?

I've been looking at this one
click here

Which would mean i only need to get a harddrive and DVD drive to get it running

gengiscant 12:05 30 Oct 10

Well within your budget, will do what you need.
Harddrive click here
DVD drive.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…