new pc build

BODS 07:19 12 Oct 04
  georgemac 07:26 12 Oct 04

first never put your email address on public display - look forward to lots of spam if you do this.

In this forum you can contact any member by email through the forum by clicking on the envelope beside their name.

The general opinion seems to be that AMD are ahead of Intel in terms of performance versu price at the moment, unless you are into video editing where the p4 has an advantage.

howard60 14:29 12 Oct 04

having had to help several people with sata drives my advice at the moment would be to not fit them. I think AMD are best for most things I have just built an xp 3000 which seems very good.

georgemac 13:28 13 Oct 04

my samsung sata drive recently fitted is going like a dream - as long as you have the proper drivers loaded onto floppy, andpress f6 to load scsi drivers using xp install it goes OK.

have never fitted one as an additional but would think this would not give too many problems either?

what sort of problems howard?

georgemac 13:28 13 Oct 04

my samsung sata drive recently fitted is going like a dream - as long as you have the proper drivers loaded onto floppy, andpress f6 to load scsi drivers using xp install it goes OK.

have never fitted one as an additional but would think this would not give too many problems either?

what sort of problems howard?

howard60 21:42 18 Oct 04

georgemac - sorry for delay they just could not get the drive to be recognised by their system. It was like the very old days of dos and win 3.1 enter the same info time after time until suddenly it was accepted and all worked well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…