New PC to build

cthompso 15:13 24 May 04

HI

I would like to build a nice new PC with a resnable budget, what is best and cost efective ot build?

Epocs 15:17 24 May 04

Well, motherboard bundles are usualy the cheapest way to get the main parts. I would recommend Watford electronics, click here and Novatech, click here .

rickimalone 15:30 24 May 04

Built my first PC this month with lots of help from this site, got the ajority of parts from Ebuyer and the machine I built could not be bought dheaper and the components in the machine are all of good quality:

AMD 2500+ BARTON RETAIL

ASUS A7V8X-X RETAIL

CRUCIAL 512MB DDR PC2700 RAM

ATI RADEON 9200 RETAIL

WESTERN DIGITAL 7200RPM HDD RETAIL

SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD RETAIL

PANASONIC FLOPPY OEM

DELUXE 4-1 CASE WITH 350W PSU/KEYBOARD/MOUSE

WINDOWS XP + NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2004 OEM

17 INC FLAT SCREEN CRT MONITOR

All delivered with VAT for £489, the machine was built for mother inlaw and runs very well with an FSB of 333mhz and was built in under 12hours using this site. Ebuyer delivered all for £4.99 per shipment which was 2 and the machine is upgradable in all respects.

I went for DIY as all the PC's I could buy around this price were celerons with 256MB PC2100 RAM with low spec motherboards. I found some AMD 2400+ systems but gain they had non-brand components and onboard graphics and generic RAM add the the price firewall/virus software and I could not beat it overall.

Just have a good look around because you can really get some good deals on ready built PC' at the moment, but I would do the same again as I learnt so much and loved every minuite of it.

The_$@!nt 19:27 24 May 04
  Charence 20:24 24 May 04

Go to click here to find good deals but you should find that click here are quite cheap.

I recommend that for equipment such as CPU, Optical Drive and Graphics need good manufacturers such as Intel, Pioneer and ATI respectively.

For components such as RAM, PSU, most PCI cards and HDD, the manufacturer does not really matter because they are not much different no matter who you buy them from.

Its best to buy either LG or Samsung TFT monitor but many new manufacturers are making good quality monitors.

You must buy a good quality fan and try to put as many fan in side case as possible! I recommend CoolerMaster.

Enjoy your Build!

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…