New PC - £500 - £750

Repurr 11:38 13 Jul 07

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new mid range pc and am keen to get any thoughts and ideas on the JAL Andromeda and the Eclipse Matrix i67N88-VSTA, oth on the boxes themselves and also service, as I have had a particular shoddy experience with MESH!

Also suggestions on other pcs in this £500 - £750 would be appreciated.

Thanks muchly

R

robbiepaul79 11:49 13 Jul 07

Novatech is a popular place to start

click here

crosstrainer 11:53 13 Jul 07

Worth a look also, can vouvh for the customer serviceclick here

robbiepaul79 12:00 13 Jul 07

seen many good things from these chaps also

click here

Totally-braindead 12:52 13 Jul 07

I like Novatech too, you might get a PC slightly cheaper but their customer service is excellent.

skidzy 13:32 13 Jul 07

Ive no complaints with Novatech either,Outstanding company.

Ive had three systems from Dell and also very reliable with good after sales service.

Ive also had three machines from PC World and again ..no problem.
My current main pc is from PC World as there price at the time for the spec i wanted could not be beaten.

You really need to tell us what your plans are for usage of the machine.

If just email/internet/burn a few cd's / dvd's /word then you will be able to buy something a lot cheaper than your budget suggests.
However,if your into gaming and intensive graphic photo and video editing...thats a different ball game.

Let us know your plans for the pc,and we can try to find you something that suits your needs.

Repurr 14:31 13 Jul 07

Thanks for all postings especially skidzy. My uses for the PC are:

Full use of Microsoft office (word, powerpoint, excel) surfing the net, photos and listen to music

I am really after a box, into which I can plug my viewsonic vp181b monitor, run broadband from sky and use my wireless keyboard and mouse.

Being very much a beginner in the world of PC's and what is under the bonnet a box into which all this can be plugged and then off it goes is what I am looking for.

Ideas welcome - Thanks

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…