New PC

hibbmtfc 05:54 12 Dec 08

Hey guys basically im wanting a new PC but im uesless when it comes to the best speds for the fastest performence.For E.G i use to play a game that required IE to refresh as fast as possible but my PC isnt good enough(Intel Celeron 3.2ghz,1gb of ram & Windows XP)so i was looking at the following PC's and which would refresh IE instantly and what the differences between each processor/graphics is

[url=click here]AMD 5200 640Gb HDD 4Gb Ram 512Mb 9400GT Graphics DVDRW[/url]

[url=click here]INTEL DUAL CORE E5200 320GB 4GB DDR2 9400GT 1024MB GFX[/url]

[url=click here]QUAD CORE INTEL Q6600 320GB HDD 4GB DDR2 384MB[/url]

Cheers :)

hibbmtfc 05:56 12 Dec 08

And also what is the difference between Microsoft Windows XP Home & Microsoft Vista Home Premium.Also im not really fussed about a massive hard-drive as the one i have now(100GB)is more than enough

hibbmtfc 10:04 12 Dec 08

Anyone?

hibbmtfc 12:46 12 Dec 08

Someone please reply :)

Woolwell 12:58 12 Dec 08

Personally I would not buy a computer from e-bay. Nowadays you will need a large hard drive and I wouldn't look at under 320 Gb. The third one doesn't appear to have a separate graphics card and I would suggest that you need one.

Cannot find details of power supply for all 3.

sunnystaines 12:58 12 Dec 08

i would have thought the quadcore would be the fastest. i would check with the games web as to xp and vista.

i am not a gamer but vista with 2g of ram is a lot faster than xp on my pc

also the free ie7 pro add on lets you adjust refresh rates.
click here

hibbmtfc 13:27 12 Dec 08

How do you adjust refresh rates using IE7PRO?Still takes ages to refresh and thats with all the images turned off

canarieslover 13:37 12 Dec 08

How fast is your internet connection? That has more effect than the speed of the computer. Also the sites that you are connected to need to be fast.

hibbmtfc 13:41 12 Dec 08

My connection is 20MB which i get with ease.My processor speed is only 3.2ghz and RAM is only 1GB running on XP.Its a game im playing on FaceBook which needs a fast refresh to be able to do certain things which alot of guys get instant refresh

sunnystaines 13:45 12 Dec 08

hibbmtfc

afterdownload and install - on opening page make sure a tick is in the box marked "left click to show ie7pro menu".

restart then left click the icon half way up the list of options is "refresh current tab" you can either choose one of the selected times or set your own.

hibbmtfc 14:07 12 Dec 08

Cheers mate still takes ages to refresh though.Oh well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…