New PC

pro driver 17:21 07 Sep 05

Good evening everyone. A relation of mine wishes to purchase a new PC so as a challenge we have decided to go down the build ourselves road. The thing is we are undecided on the hardware to use we have said it needs to be a pentium of at least 3.0 gig, 512 memory and at least 128 meg graphics oh and also a decent mobo. He wishes to use the PC for the usual things like video editing from camcorder and digital photography. Please could someone advise us on what hardware is best to buy we have a budget of around £650 without the display. All feedback is welcome. Regards.

Mr Beeline 17:34 07 Sep 05

Hi there

Komplett do a number of kits that give you the matching basics for a build it yourself PC. You can then add round that all the other bits (see click here ). This way you will know that everything is compatible. Also not too bad a firm to purchase from (well I've never had any problems).

Good luck...

Mr Beeline 17:40 07 Sep 05

They also have their own guide to building your own PC and a self help forum.

Though I would suggest an AMD processor would be a better / cheaper option.

pj123 17:53 07 Sep 05

Why build your own. Check out click here and the Athlon 64-3400 at £649 looks good to me.

woodchip 18:10 07 Sep 05

This would make a good start for a self build

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…