New page width

Djohn 10:34 20 Oct 03

That was a sudden change. Much better now. :o)

Jack D 10:37 20 Oct 03

I don't see any change?

Djohn 10:40 20 Oct 03

Full width now, no grey columns down either side!

Jack D 10:42 20 Oct 03

If you mean the "front page", yes. Now maybe they'll do the same to the "threads" page.

Jack D 10:43 20 Oct 03

Oh, well done, they have!

Djohn 10:45 20 Oct 03

;o) I was starting to think it was just me for a moment there!

Stuartli 10:47 20 Oct 03

This will either start a rash of new threads - or the complaints will cease...:-)

Jack D 10:48 20 Oct 03

The reason why it was not immediately noticeable is that I usually run with Favourites visible on the left. Switching to hide let's you see it in all it's new splendour

Wes Tam ;-) 10:55 20 Oct 03

Patience is a virtue :)

When I re-designed the web site I had decided to use a fixed width for all the pages.

This works well for most of the pages of the site - apart from the discussion forums where you have pointed out there is too much scrolling. I have to agree with you.

Hopefully, by returning to a full screen layout, those users running at higher screen resolutions will benefit from this change.

We are keen to hear all your feedback about click here, so we can continue providing a useful web site for you.

Olly

Djohn 11:04 20 Oct 03

I think that most users of the forum agreed the new design was excellent, very clean and modern. The only adverse comment that appeared in thread after thread was the width of the centre column.

Now the site looks complete, very professional, and a joy to use again. Viewing the site at 1280x1024 17" TFT. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…