New outlook.com instead of hotmail

Daiol 12:12 PM 29 Mar 13
Answered

Just converted from hotmail to outlook.com. Does anyone know where the settings are for a new mail notification is. Running windows 7 home premium. Many thanks in advance

tonyq 11:31 AM 30 Mar 13

I presume you will have clicked on the cog/gear symbol,if not it's at top right next to your name,may be something there, just a thought.

tonyq 11:33 AM 30 Mar 13

I presume you will have clicked on the cog/gear symbol,if not it's at top right next to your name,may be something there, just a thought.

tonyq 11:34 AM 30 Mar 13

sorry about the double posting,don't know what happened there.

difarn 17:15 PM 30 Mar 13

I don't think you can do this as in Hotmail. According to Windows Live you can get notification of how many e-mails you have received since your last visit by pinning outlook.com to your taskbar. To do this you need to log in and then drag the icon to the left of the url address down to your taskbar.

rdave13 17:23 PM 30 Mar 13
Answer

If you run Windows Live Mail then that gives notification of new mail.

Daiol 18:32 PM 30 Mar 13

Yea Thanks all outlook don't seemed to be that clever.I think most people would like to know if they had new mail.

Many thanks anyway.

rdave13 18:36 PM 30 Mar 13

Messenger also used to notify of new mail but that's going next month. Horrible Skype is taking over.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…