new operating sys. problem

tony654321 19:18 07 Nov 04

i have windows Me and i want to upgrade to xp. the problem i have is that my current operating system + some other programs(or rather the installers for these programs) are on a hidden partition. so at the moment if i need to re install windows it does so from this partition. If i buy xp on a cd and install it I won't be able to reinstall the other programs i need from the hidden partition such as Word(which i don't have on cd). I thought about copying the programs from the partition to a cd but I don't know how or if i can or if the cd would even work for re installing. I would be grateful for any advice someone could give me.:)

keith-236785 20:38 07 Nov 04

using partition manager you should be able to view the files on the hidden partition and may even be able to copy them to a seperate partition on your main hard drive which would not be touched when you format C and install winXP (partition manager will assist you in creating a partition.

i use PM 8, dont know if earlier versions show hidden partitions.

tony654321 18:25 08 Nov 04

thanks i'll have a look for pm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…