New Nvidia N Force motherboard

Haggie 17:25 27 Feb 03

ur thoughts please, more so on the non integrated graphics version.
anyone seen / read any reviews?

powerless 17:38 27 Feb 03

click here for one of many reviews on that site on Nforce boards.

Cant help myself sorry.

MartinT-B 17:39 27 Feb 03

From Anandtech - Dec. 4th

click here

There's a drop down box to jump from Board to board, or you can read in order

Reviews of Abit, Asus, Chaintech, Epox, Leadtech and MSI nForce2 boards

MartinT-B 17:43 27 Feb 03

With all due respect to powerless, his link is to the old Via 266 and the old nForce 420 booards from 2001

My link is to the latest nForce 2 chipset boards.

To my knowledge none have integrated Graphics, all have intergrated sound though.

They all support USB2, firewire, LAN (onboard) and (I think) DDR400

powerless 17:44 27 Feb 03

MartinT-B 17:49 27 Feb 03

This is Tom's Hardware link to nForce 2 Abit, Biostar and MSI board reviews

click here

BrianW 19:24 27 Feb 03

April's Computer Buyer reviews several PCs based on the Nvidia board with integrated video. Makes interesting reading, particularly regarding the contrasting performance of one ram strip vs two matched strips.

clayton 19:53 27 Feb 03

There is a version of the Asus a7n8x that you can get from that has integrated graphics, best to get the Delux version from here
click here

Quote from Toms Hardware

"There are four different chipset combinations, as nVIDIA offers two north bridge and two south bridge chips. The two north bridges both include the fancy memory interface, and differ by only one feature: the IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) comes with a powerful, integrated graphics engine that matches a GeForce4 MX 440. Performance users should go for the SPP (System Platform Processor), which does not include graphics and requires an AGP graphics card.

I already mentioned the two south bridge chips MCP and MCP-T. The T-version includes nVIDIA's APU (Audio Processing Unit), and is your first choice if you value sound and Firewire. The simpler version only has one network controller, instead of the MCP-T's twin interface".

ellas 22:18 27 Feb 03

good place for nforce info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…