New NVIDIA drivers problem

giggsy 14:45 18 Dec 03

Afternoon ladies and gents. I have a GeForce2 MX on my system. I downloaded the latest drivers this afternoon (53.04). I have just installed them, but when I go to display properties (right click on the desktop) I can select every tab apart from the one with the name of my card on it.
When I click it a message pops up saying NVCPL with an exclamation mark on a yellow background.
I click ok and then get the message 'An error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel File C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DESL.CPL'
It's the area where you can select anit aliasing, ainsotropic filtering etc.
Anyone got any ideas?

Jester2K II 14:50 18 Dec 03

Did you uninstall the old drivers first and reboot?

johnnyrocker 14:52 18 Dec 03

did you get the drivers from microsoft or nvidia?

giggsy 14:55 18 Dec 03

Hi guys, cheers for the quick response. I got the drivers from the nvidia site.
I went to add/remove programs and removed the old drivers. When I re-booted though, my pc recognised my graphics card and installed another driver separate from the new one.
Do i need to go to the nvidia folder on my machine and manually remove all traces of earlier drivers?

Jester2K II 14:58 18 Dec 03

1) Uninstall old driver

2) Reboot

3) Let windows install Generic Driver

4) Install new driver

5) Reboot

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:01 18 Dec 03

I remember having this problem think it was with the 45.43 drivrs for 98se i could never get the desk.cpl to work either even copyied a knew one from cd and didnt work,i ended up reverting back to 44.0somthing to get it to work,there is a knowledge base on the microsoft site telling you how to delete the regestry setting and fix it but i didnt find it till after i rolled back the drivers so i never used it ,it was for win 98 tho may work with xp i assume your on xp cos of the driver 53.04,cant remember the link to microsoft site and i cant post them right anyway,lol,i used the forceware drivers when i upgraded to xp 53.03 i think and they worked ok.

giggsy 15:04 18 Dec 03

I've uninstalled the old driver using add/remove progs in control panel, but that didn't seem to do the trick. Should I move my nvidia folder to the recycle bin before installation and let it create a new nvidia folder?

giggsy 15:07 18 Dec 03

Sorry  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË, I should have mentioned that I an running 98SE. Will hopefully be upgrading to xp in the new year.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:18 18 Dec 03

I found the link hope it works lol
click here;en-us;217752 if not some one will sort it lol.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:19 18 Dec 03

no dont work but that the KB number lol

JFT 15:30 18 Dec 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…