New NTL settop box and no Internet

1933 12:54 16 Jan 07

Until the NTL box played up connection via Broadband through a WiFi Router was fine. Since NTL fitted the new box NTL keeps asking for PID and password to be entered - but it seems not to accept these. Would these have changed in the process of changing the box? The WiFi is OK as it works on my friends connection with no trouble.The NTL helpline is not very helpful. Any advice most welcome. DGS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:03 16 Jan 07

NTL keeps asking for PID and password to be entered - but it seems not to accept these. Would these have changed in the process of changing the box?

No but make sure you type them in correctly, case sensitive.
As the account holder you can ring NTL to resend you the PID and password, you will need the account number

The WiFi is OK as it works on my friends connection with no trouble. Is he/she using his/her account details/password to log in or yours?

1933 09:54 18 Jan 07

Thanks for the offer of help, the problem is that the LOGON page is not actually showing any text buttons to continue the logon process. I managed to find a hidden button at the bottom of the page having entered the PID and password (which is numerical) but then the essage "PC is not recognised press key to register" is shown - but there are no further buttons to use. The helpline - abroad - is useless to the point of telling me what was on my screen. DGS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…