New MSI laptop can't find my Belkin Router..

dazzle27 16:46 19 Sep 09

Hi, Hope someone can help, been trying a couple of days to sort this out..

I've just bought a MSI CR700 laptop which I connect to the wireless hub at work no problem, however when I try to connect to my wireless at home it can't find my network but finds about 4 others in the street. I have a Belkin Wireless G router which works fine with my desk top, wifes apple mac and my N95 phone, I can't understand why my new laptop fails to pick it up? Laptop is running Vista - don't know if this a problem? Any help would really be appreciated.

mgmcc 18:48 20 Sep 09

Try changing the Channel number in the Router's wireless settings to see if the new Laptop then finds your "wireless network". The other computers will automatically adjust to the altered channel number.

The default settings are usually either "6" or "11" so try these or, if already using one of these, try the other. Avoid channels 12 & 13, which in some countries are illegal, as some Wireless Network adapters are designed not to connect on these channels. Also avoid 1 & 2 which are used by too many other "wireless" devices, such as mobile/cordless phones etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…