New to MP3 and I have not got a clue..any advice

Fred the flour grader 21:24 27 May 05

Hi guys, my wife has bought me a 128 mb MP3 player. I have read the instruction book but I am struggling with how to come to terms with it.
I uploaded an album via windows media player but it is showing it as WMA format not MP3, as well as that it is all distorted and sounds terrible.

Does anybody have any websites where I can get a proper grip on it.

Cheers in advance...Fred.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:43 27 May 05
  ton 21:45 27 May 05

Put "mp3" into the search box on this site - loads of info.

goonerbill © ® 01:08 28 May 05

open windows media player (version 10, instructions may be different if using version 9) select tools, click on options, click on rip music tab, look down to rip settings and in the format box select MP3. all should now be ok.

Fred the flour grader 23:07 28 May 05

Thanks for your suggestions up to now guys, I am now aware I need a "ripping" program to get the tracks off my CD collection onto the MP3 player.
Unfortunately a couple of the sites I looked at last night,infected my pc with a virus called:
Trojan Byteverify. This has played havoc with my broadband connection today.
I only have Windows Media player 9. I am using Win 98se, and Media Player 10requires XP.
So although I have learned a bit of this MP3 malarky, I still don't know of a program to convert the CD to MP3 format. I downloaded one last night,(musicmatch jukebox) it was not till it finished that I realised I needed XP.(felt a right nugget).
I would of thought this type of program would come free on cover discs and such, with the growing popularity of the MP3 format.

goonerbill © ® 10:36 29 May 05

windows media player 9 dont have some of the facilities of 10 ie: riping cd's to mp3 format. have found this click here in PCA's down load section. dont know how good it is but if you have a look there are other programs as well.

Totally-braindead 11:04 29 May 05

I would recommend Audiograbber click here its free and simple to use just follow the instructions, put in a CD, rip it to MP3 and load it on your player. Full instructions on the website.

Fred the flour grader 15:11 29 May 05

Thanks guys, once again this brilliant forum has helped me with something I could not get my head around.
This MP3 technology had me lost,(I think it's a young guys game) I am 37 and my 9 year old son has more clue about it than me. It's good to know I can always rely on the PCA helproom to get me sorted.
Once again thanks....Fred.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…