new mouse problem (another)

siouxaber 14:58 26 Dec 03

Just bought new mouse (250sp TRUST wireless optical)but cannot work out how to uninstall current mouse which came with my pc (Windows XP)
On Settings/Control Panel. I cannot find any reference to mouse software.
1. How do I uninstall?
2. Would I be able to re-install the old mouse if ever I had to? (No mouse disc came with my system - I assume it's built into Windows XP??)

Djohn 15:06 26 Dec 03

If your original mouse is just a standard mouse then no need to un-install. You can find reference to your mouse from control panel, then click on printers and other hardware, you'll see the mouse Icon then.

If you need to remove drivers for a specific mouse, then this is done from Control panel, add/remove programs.

It will be quite safe to go ahead and install the driver for your new mouse without removing the standard one, [PS2] in fact that will remain there all the time. j.

siouxaber 13:49 27 Dec 03

Thanks Djohn but I think there may be a problem with the new mouse. The instructions tell me to to use the same channel on the receiver and the mouse itself.
1. There is no button to select a channel on the receiver &
2. There is a switch inside the mouse to change the channel but it doesn't tell you which channel is which!
It looks as though the mouse has been updated but the instructions haven't!
I have now managed to e mail so eagerly await ther reply!
Just one other point - if I do uninstall my old mouse how do I reinstall without a disc?

Djohn 14:48 27 Dec 03

If your original mouse is a standard PS2 mouse then windows will install the drivers for you when you reconnect your mouse.

siouxaber 17:08 27 Dec 03

Thanks a lot Djohn - great help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…