New mouse causes system to restart

Ralphie85 10:23 11 Aug 06

The other day my trusty Packard Bell wireless optical mouse bit the dust, so I bought this as a replacement;

click here

Ever since I plugged it in my pc has been restarting itself at random intervals. I got the latest drivers but 10 minutes after I installed them and manually restarted, it did it by itself again.

I've been using the supplied PS/2 adaptor instead of using up another USB port, but I can't see that being the problem anayway.

What's going on?

Sethhaniel 10:42 11 Aug 06

the PS/2 in the right port as the keyboard & mouse ports are similar in appearance

-have you tried the USB port and see if restarts happen when connected there ?

Ralphie85 10:45 11 Aug 06

I've got them right, purple to purple and green to green. I didn't want to use a USB port if I could avoid it, but do you think that will help?

keef66 10:51 11 Aug 06

were there drivers for the old mouse you should've removed first??

Sethhaniel 10:54 11 Aug 06

Packard bell mouse drivers are uninstalled in case of conflict there ??

but Try USB as you can always get a USB 4 way adaptor for less than £5 (as you can link up to 128 usb items through the one port)

Ralphie85 10:55 11 Aug 06

I can't find any drivers for the old mouse, it was a pretty standard 3 button scroll wheel. The new one has 4 way scrolling and 5 buttons, anything dodgy about that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…