New mouse-advice please

bukkaz 18:36 10 Aug 04

Mouse packed in. Any recommendations for a new one. I have been using an optical cordless but would a non-cordless be better for online gaming-slight difference in response time for example.
Thanks.

Dorsai 19:00 10 Aug 04

I personally think that the problem of the cable packing in on a non cordless mouse will prevent me ever buying a corded mouse ever again. Just this Saturday gone a mouse at work (non cordless) suddenly found it's little rodent self flying out the door to land in a well positioned skip. I was not too fussed about the fact that I had not a mouse to replace it with. It's tail was broken, and for a mouse that is terminal.

Plus there is the fact that non-optical mice suffer from dirty balls. I find cleaning them once a week when there is the option of an optical one that never needs a clean too tedious.

As for the 'reaction time' i have never ever though of this. Is there a reaction delay with cordless mice? Is so what? Be interesting to find out.

zootmo 19:09 10 Aug 04

My advice? Get an optical cordless Microsoft mouse,with the correct drivers, your gaming response will be milliseconds faster wihtout a cord!

961 19:12 10 Aug 04

I tried optical wireless from both Logitech and Microsoft and found the whole experience a pain.

However my Microsoft Optical Blue (corded) jobbie has been just terrific since I bought it about a year ago. No fluffy balls and a super response time. All you really need and about £18 I think

bukkaz 19:40 10 Aug 04

Thanks for the comments. Read somewhere that there was a slight delay on a cordless compared to a cabled mouse that would make gamers think aboutwhether to have one.

bukkaz 19:40 10 Aug 04

Thanks for the comments. Read somewhere that there was a slight delay on a cordless compared to a cabled mouse that would make gamers think aboutwhether to have one.

961 19:43 10 Aug 04

I never had a problem with the cord, but the wireless job seemed to be all over the place, the main problem I feel being the vagaries of whatever was supplying the power

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…