New Motherboard/Cpu yet much slower computer

Alan H 19:00 22 Jun 03

Old M/board died - new is Asrock K7VT2 with Athlon XP 2000+ also 120GB new hard drive old as slave.Since using it for 3 months it is getting slower and slower and will frequently hang. I have tried all the standard housekeeping and few programs load at start-up but at present with only an internet connection open System resources are down to 55%.How can I find what is slowing everything down or do I have some rogue hardware?

hugh-265156 19:19 22 Jun 03

remove any programs you dont use to free up some space on the hard drive.then check what programs are starting with windows.

click here for a list of start up programs.

click here for windows services that can be set to manual start or disabled to free up some resorces.

also try spybot click here and adaware click here to check for spyware.

update you antivirus and run it.

update all your drivers for mobo and graphics etc.

hugh-265156 19:20 22 Jun 03

also try this click here

rickf 20:41 22 Jun 03

Make sure you have sufficient memory.You don't say hop much you have.

rickf 20:43 22 Jun 03

Just another thought and I am sure you have. Have you defrag recently? If not do an analysis and defrag if it tells you so and try again.

Alan H 22:48 22 Jun 03

Have done everything I can think of including defrag scandisk WinOptimizer 2000 closing start up programs... Have256MB installed
Just checked System Resources down to 41% with 6 windows open one downloading Spybot
Thanks for ideas so far Keep them coming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…